We are the voice of the nuclear transport industry. Dedicated to the safe, secure, efficient, and reliable transport of radioactive materials.
Each day thousands of shipments of radioactive materials are transported around the world.
The objective of the conference is to provide an opportunity for Member States to further develop their understanding of the issues relating to transport safety, transport security and the interface between, to inform their work to develop or strengthen their transport safety and security regulatory infrastructures.
13th - 17th Dec, 2021
Austria, Vienna, Vienna
National and regional needs from the regulator and operator viewpoints will feature in the conference. There will be also the opportunity to discuss and recommend improvements to the IAEA programmes that are designed to support Member States’ work to develop their transport safety and transport security infrastructures.
To achieve its objective, the conference will:
• Facilitate the international exchange of good and appropriate practices for the safe and secure transport of nuclear and radioactive materials;
• Identify the challenges related to safety and security during transport, and their interface; including recent experiences with COVID 19;
• Provide a forum to share good and appropriate practices in addressing the challenges;
• Identify opportunities, such as the provision of Agency assistance to support the Member States in its development of a comprehensive and appropriate transport safety and security framework; and
• The Agency and Member States to use the inputs of the conference to inform the development of mechanisms for coordinating and enhancing the interface between transport safety and transport security interface in transport.
Already a member? Login.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.